This handsome circa 1853 historic building had been used as the Town hall for many years with little improvement made. It suffered from chronic basement flooding and the structure was inadequate for full occupation of the building, especially the second floor auditorium. The first floor and basement were renovated in the early 1960’s resulting in the removal of all historic details.
Our design reinforced the structure to conform to building code, added a fully compliant fire protection system and made the building fully accessible to the disabled. The renovations modified the existing main stair to make all floors fully accessible from the interior of the building. (Previously one travelled outside the building to access the second floor.) The basement is open plan offices and the first floor design became historically appropriate to bring to the Town Hall the symbolism and tastefulness that the Town of Holliston deserves.